Back to Top

12 DIY Valentines Day cards

9.2.16

YAY.

It's finally my second favorite Holiday of the year.

Valentines Day!

It used to not be, but just today I realized that it was. I don't want it to ever end.
Even with the fact that it hasn't even begun!

So today and Yesterday I decided to just try out making homemade cards for once.
There will be a good mix of romantic ones, geeky ones for your friends, and just cute simple ones.



1) First up, this card is for a friend who's name is Paris, and I just couldn't resist!
It has the Eiffel tower with the words "Mi Amour" on it meaning "My love"
After I took the picture I decided to color the heart in "Mi" red.


2) I love this one! It's definitely one of my favorites. It's super simple, but super cute!
At the front of the card it says "love" in cursive with a heart, and when opening the card, on the inside of it you'll see "You." so that in all, the card says "Love you.".



3) This one is probably the easiest one out of all of these.
At the front, with black and gold sharpie I wrote "XOXO"
And you can definitely change the colors easily!


4) This one is fairly easy as well.
Super cute, and simple.

Okay, so now we've entered the geeky side of Valentines Day.

Line art via

5) For any Office lovers out there, you'll love this one!
My friend is absolutely obsessed with The Office so I knew I just had to make this for her!
It was fairly easy to make. But since I can't draw too well, I decided to print out line art for Dwight and sharpie it in. Then I glued it to the card and wrote the text.


6) I love Pokemon Valentines Day cards! The phrases are always super cute and funny.
This card is actually for my sisters friend who's in love with Pokemon.


7) Any fellow Whovians out there?
I love DW. This is the most recent card that I've done and I love it! I pretty much become obsessed with any recent card that I've done, but this one has to be my favorite out of all the geeky ones.
It does make me want to cry though, with the rose on the floor.
And yes, I'm so, so sorry. I forgot the white Police box sign on the opposite side of the door.


8) This one is my favorite out of all the cards aside from the TARDIS card I'd have to say.
It just has so much simplicity, that it's almost elegant!


9) This bow and arrow one took a little more time them the other simple ones just because I kept on getting the shape of the bow all wrong. But other then that it was really easy!


10) This one is a pretty and elegant card along with the umbrella one.
You can also change all the raindrops to be hearts if you'd like. I personally like it the way it is though.


11) This ones just a cute generic Valentine.
I made up a couple of these for if somebody randomly showed up to class. Then I wouldn't be empty handed to give them a Valentine. I always hated being left out of anything so I always do this just in case. They were super easy too, so I don't really mind making a couple extra.


12) This one's a cute for a friend or family member. ^_^
You can also change the caption if you want to "You light up my world".

///

And with all of these cards, when making them, always remember to use pencil to draw out your design before you ink it or color it. It will make things way easier, and you won't get as frustrated when you mess up. Plus you won't waste a card. ^_^
I've gone through all of the things I just mentioned and boy did I hate it.
I also used line art for some objects just as a reference to the object so that there wasn't as much of a chance of it getting all messed up.

I hope you found all of these cards helpful for your Valentines that you'll make for your family and friends. ^_^ I'd love to see your recreations if you make any like these that I made.
You can E-mail me pictures at americangchick@gmail.com

Which card is your favorite?

Thanks for reading, and happy Valentines Day!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Oh, these are so pretty, Leah! The Tardis and umbrella ones are super cute. ^-^
    xx A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot choose a favorite. They are all so cute!

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute Leah! :)
    Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pokemon is my favorite!Oh well!I am hopelessly obsessed with pokemon...-Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe